Thursday, 10 November 2011

Music to my ears ...

No not my neighbour Christos ...

Who has returned for a short break from Athens, and who is serenading me daily from his balcony.

He decided he needed a break from his lovely wife and has popped up for some decent food with his stepmother. The debate in the front room is decidedly louder, each evening as he seems to get the old ladies going, with laughter and singing.

However this morning the town was alive to the music of the chainsaw, so if you cannot beat them join them ...

Once again, I was sawing up parts of my neighbours house, the last of the door frames and some ancient joists, that were riddled with woodworm, and hard as rock.

When i made the delivery, i was asked in to the house, shown where to store the wood under the stairs. and a photo of an elderly gentleman above the fireplace. I assume her husband or a relation that built the house.

There was much discussion (One sided) and pointing to the chimney - I assume she wants me to clean it ...

Back home, I sawed up some large logs into more manageable pieces, and had quite a sweat on - its mild and the juices were flowing. So was well pleased when the phone rang, and was invited for a coffee on the paralia.

We had both been active with a chainsaw, and coffee was foresaken for a well earned beer in the sun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment