Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Bubbly in the yard ...

Nothing like a glass of fizz is there ...

This evening I joined friends here in town, to celebrate their new house. Its an old house that will soon become an exciting renovation project. Hopefully one of many, as the old houses in town that have left to go to ruins, suddenly become a source of capital in these tough times for our Greek neighbours.

We had fun whilst toasting their new adventure (As it will be) with friends and neighbours, in their yard. Lit by tea lights, visited by local cats and kittens, looking for scraps. They shared their ideas and plans with us for their new home.

After sharing experiences, laughter and a glass or two, they closed the door, and we wandered through the lanes. I pointed out houses that I liked, and had gained inspiration from, during my own adventure some years ago.

I had not been in this part of town, for a while. It soon became very apparent, that a number of the old houses, are being renovated. I recognised some that had been on the market for quite some time.

Whether they are being renovated to be sold, or had been recently, I do not know. But the renovation works, signal investment taking place, and that cannot be a bad thing at all.

In tough times, it seems, bricks and mortar are the place to be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment