Saturday, 29 October 2011

Dentist fun ...

There is never a good day to have toothache ...

Especially when it occurs on a bank holiday, as I found to my cost yesterday. Pain from my jaw that throbbed, and could not be dulled by medication. In the end I had to seek help, whatever the cost.

Dentist 1 - Highly recommended, I visited and the number was on the door, I called and was cut off.

Dentist 2 - The telephone numbers outside the office are illegible, and are covered in peeling sellotape.

... It was not looking good.

I found over lunch, that Tsipouro really does kill the pain, that was until junior head butted me, and it returned with a vengeance. There was no choice, so that evening I called once again

Dentist 1 - The response was call back Monday, as they "Had no sterile equipment - I finished for the weekend yesterday" then "Perhaps tomorrow i can help if I sterilize the tools" and "call back on Saturday"

Quite why the tools do not go in the machine at close of business, I do not know, Perhaps it was a good lunch. So in desperation, I called my friend Stamatis, who has never let me down ...

He suggested Dentist 1 then Dentist 2, then Dentist 3 ...

I called and was very pleasantly surprised, eagerness to help, a diagnosis over the phone. I was sent to a pharmacy, where the pharmacist was instructed what to prescribe. Then there was an apology that on the basis of what was said over the phone, I needed antibiotics and strong painkillers before the surgical inspection.

So the business to be in here is dentistry, as Dentist 1, and 2 do not to undertake any urgent work to pay the bills. I wonder what will happen next ...

No comments:

Post a Comment