Thursday, 23 June 2011

Customer service - Take 2 ...

Not to be defeated, I have consulted the manual ... 

I know - 'Male and consulting the manual' but its 'Situation desperate' and it seems the safety gate is manufactured for Mothercare by Lindam
who claim to be 'Europe's leading child home safety brand.  Lindam is the leading supplier of child safety lines in the UK and offers the broadest range of safety solutions globally'

I sent an e-mail to their careline e-mail address ... 


============
Hello

I hope you can help, I have a
Safety Gates - Extending Wooden Safety Gate
CODE: 0444339
Unfortunately we have broken the bottom hinge and need to obtain a replacement part
Please advise me if you can supply me with another one/set and the cost for this.
I live in Greece, but purchased the unit from Mothercare. (Online - Customer service) asked me to go to my local store and order a replacement part ...
Kind Regards
============
Lindam -
Unfortunately we do not supply outside the UK – you will have to contact Mothercare to exchange the gate for you.
Regards
============
Hello again

I do not want to replace the gate - I just need a replacement bottom hinge
Mothercare were useless ...
Can you assist ?

Thank you
============
We are unable to supply outside the UK – you will have to go back to Mothercare as they shipped overseas to you.
Regards
============
I bought it in the UK and shipped it myself along with the baby !!!

Can you supply the replacement part even if its to an address in the UK ?
============
Lindam -
Yes we can supply the hinge to a UK address – please confirm if it is the lower hinge or the lower hinge bar that needs replacing.
Regards
============
It is the lower unit that screws into the wooden gate.

It is metal threaded with a nut, with a plastic hinge on the end that sits in the part that fits to the wall.
The bottom part of the plastic unit has sheared off, it has a lug that holds it in place
============
Lindam -
Yes it’s the lower hinge bar – let me have a UK address and I will send it out today.
Regards
============ 

Here in Greece you need a paper for this a stamp for that - I think the word
'bureacracy' was invented here, but news has spread. It seems many companies do not like to post things to Greece, even if you offer to pay the bill. 

You know we are customers wherever we are, and this despite the lack of a 'Global' solution to the additional stamps required ...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging this. You've saved me a lot of grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, do not take no for an answer. If you need any help, then you can contact me on this link

      http://skiathian.blogspot.gr/p/contact-skiathian.html

      Delete