Monday, 16 May 2011

Utilities day ...

I had to deal with OTE who are the telephone company, and the water company today

OTE keep calling me to offer me their on-line television system. My response has been how can you offer me TV when the internet operates on a 2mb package. They charged me for an 8mb and the island only just gets a 2mb. I get just 1.3mb connection speed and it drops out frequently during the day.

Last time i was there the guy ticked the wrong box online, and it cost me €300. This he blamed on someone else, but as there are only two in the office, and one has a desk and a PC ...

The water company have sent me a bill that requires payment, Naturally its still going to the wrong address after one year of asking for it to be changed. The problem now is the meter is in adjoining street and they want the bill to go there.

I asked them if they would mind slipping the bill through the bathroom window next time they pass - as we have no door there.

My alternative is to move the postbox there, which means i will get my water bill, but nothing else.

My friends at the post office are much more reasonable. The postman if he sees me tells me i have mail at the post office so i can go and get it myself ...

I may retire to Kabourelia for rest ...

No comments:

Post a Comment