Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Seems strange to me ...

A few stories of shopping experiences recently ...

OTE - Yesterday, when i paid my bill, and asked about the cheaper package - No there was not one - I had it. So I persisted - are you sure ? OTE keep calling me to say so ...
After five minutes a call was made to Thessaloniki. I want Phone/Internet plus the international calls programme, same as i have now.

Out came the calculator, and I am now €14 better off with OTE and have the same package. Its the one highlighted in yellow on the desk right in front of my friend at OTE. Its the one he is supposed to be selling ...

The water company - My address is wrong on the bill - "Its my fault that I live on a corner" the lady said.
So I promised to get in touch with the guy who built the house, sadly he probably passed 100 years or so ago - before there was water even connected ...

Pharmacy - (1) 'We do not have any teats for the milk bottle there is a problem at the factory' - So why did they check the shelves in the store room ?

Pharmacy - (2) 'The tablets the doctor gave you we do not have in Greece, We can give you a bigger one but bite it in half' - It was a Greek doctor who prescribed them, at the Health centre ...

Deli - I would like to buy two chairs, can i have a discount ? No we will sell you one, you can have a discount on that but not two. OK Shall i come back again tomorrow ?

Carrefour - How much is this ? Don't know it does not have a label. I would like it, sorry no label we cant sell it.

Linen - Can i buy six of those sheets ? 'No you can have four - someone else may want some' ...

Accommodation - A friend arrived and was in need of somewhere to stay. So another friend knows of a place, beautifully furnished and painted available for the season. A bargain at €250 per month. Its half way through May and our friend is prepared to pay the full month rate. However the owner wants the full six months in advance - funds he just does not have. Friend offers two months rent in lieu of notice, and proof of employment for the season.

The flat is still sitting empty and earning nothing for the owner. Our friend is at a similar property for the season paying the same monthly.

It could get better as the summer goes on ...






No comments:

Post a Comment