Thursday, 26 May 2011

I am from ...

Many countries it seems ...

I have had some great fun these last few days discussing Cricket with Australian visitors  - All in good humour and some great jokes and friendly banter.

They asked me where to go, I replied So you travel half way across the world and don't know where to go ? We laugh and they call me a 'Pommie' So I ask if they are true Australians ? Of course they respond with passion. I say they do not look like the Aborigonies, that I have seen on TV - and the banter continues - Great people the Aussies ...

The Norwegians, including quite possibly the tallest people I have ever seen, The lady was at least 15 cm taller than me, and her husband 30cm taller than me. Seven ladies from the very north of Norway who wave and speak everytime they pass me by. Amassing as much skin colour and Vitamin D as they can, in the time available.

The Swedish seem a little cooler, and polite, however one lady calls me by name from a fair way down the Paralia, as she passes with her son - who was fascinated by the small fish that come for breadcrumbs, that I scattered on the water. He is Now trying to catch some, but mum is not keen as she will have to take the off the hook ...

Bulgarian and French students, one young lady very taken by my English accent. Students from Brazil who were lovely, great fun and partied like only Brazilians can.

I love the Italians, who when they talk are almost singing to you, their accent is musical even in my language. The Romanians are quite reserved, seem somewhat shy and shorter in stature. The Spanish charming, one couple from Barcelona, impressed when i told them they were not from Spain, but were Catalan ...

It is a league of nations here at the moment, and very nice it is too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment