Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Gone Fishing ...

I have spent the winter watching 'Uncle Michael' fishing ...

The results have not always me expectations. In fact the results have been pretty grim, even by my standards. However tonight two young lads, showed me how it was done.

From my vantage point by the Calypso, they pulled out one fish after another. It was unbelievable to see how many small fish they pulled out of the harbour. Gavros (Anchovies) Small mullet and some small red mullet too. The local cats were queuing up for a free feed, and did very well.

The secret bait that did not fail to deliver, was some minced meat from the butchers on Tries Hieraches square. I guess its the same principle as 'chum' that is used to attract sharks.

Last night someone landed a Bresca, or Monkfish. It was huge and just fitted in a black rubbish bag. I am advised that it has been made into cutlets and a lovely soup, for supper this evening ...

I however made do with a Gyros from 'No Name' and very good it was too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment