Monday, 23 May 2011

Golden Girls ...

Two ladies pop along for a chat most evenings. They are a liitle flirty and looking for a laugh and a joke. They are always immaculately dressed and there is a waft of expensive perfume. Its the laughter that lets me know they are here and i have seen them look over to see what I am up to, and detour.

I have pointed them towards a few restaurants, they pop back with feedback and tell me what they have been up to that day. This evening it was no different, but its getting harder to tell, wno is leading who astray.

Today was no exception ...

'We have tried a few beaches today, Koukounaries, Ambelakia, Banana, and the little one over the hill and down a steep track'

I looked at them, and asked them to describe the route which they did perfectly, telling me what to look for, where the path turned and twisted, the steepness of the incline.

The golden girls, who if I am honest are probably well into their seventh decade, had spent a lovely afternoon on the islands Naturist beach. Whats more they claim, not to have noticed ...

Laughing - they discussed 'at length' whether they should return there as planned today for their final day on holiday.

'Did you see that chap - Did he have clothes on?
'No - I did not have my glasses on - but I will tommorrow (Laughter)
No I am too old for all that'
'You speak for yourself' ...

I have some binoculars in my bag I said - 10x50's ...

'Never mind the size dear - I will need something to stop my hands shaking'

I have not laughed so much in such a long time, as with a twinkle in their eye, and a waft of perfume, and yet more laughter the golden girls headed off into the night ...

No comments:

Post a Comment