Friday, 8 April 2011

The return to paint ...

Still painting - well restarted painting ...

I have had a streaming cold these last few days, the last chill of winters grip - aided by a bug going through the house. I remember thinking when Junior sneezed in my face, I am going to get this now - and i did.

It was a good one, heavy streaming eyes, coughing sneezing, I even took honey and lemon - despite me not having a sweet tooth and it helped the sore throat. A friend said to me yesterday, i did not think you could get colds in Skiathos. Well i live on a rock in the aegean - not Fantasy island.

Its 06.30am, i am surrounded by the mess created when you have to relocate furniture to paint. Step ladder, paint pots, trays brushes and rollers. Its not organised chaos - it is chaos. There is just enough room to sit down, a cup of coffee, contemplate the day whilst the priest at Tries Hieraches rings the bells with the "Come to church" message - Only three times this morning ...

I have two walls to repaint this morning, then relocate the furniture, reassemble and clean the chimney, remove masking tapes before moving on to the next room. Nothing will happen there until the house awakens. In the mean time a return to the paint shop for more paint, bringing the total to 34 litres.

Through the windows i can see daylight is breaking and the sky is now visible over the white houses as an indigo colour, and lightening fast, so I had better get my act together ...

It will be a warm day today, the windows will be open and a further opportunity, to sweat out this cold out and clear the wheezing chest.

Have a great day wherever you are ...


No comments:

Post a Comment