Friday, 18 March 2011

Red Nose Day ...

In the UK its Comic relief day ...

A day when you wear a red nose for charity and raise money for Comic relief.

A trip to the paint shop, I had returned empty handed except with a colour chart. I wandered along the harbour, and bumped into the lady who cuts my hair, out walking a neighbours dog.

A lifelong pet lover, not only does she walk her own beloved dog, she took a neighbour to task over theirs. Tied up all day on a short lead outside. In all weather, just sitting on a piece of cardboard, and being thrown pasta to eat.

Now this dog, is two years old, she has fed it walked it twice daily, de-flea'd and wormed it. It was playing around her feet, and i swear it was smiling. It a shame it has to go back each day, to its former life.

We wandered along to Kabourelia, where we decided to partake in an Ouzo, (I was dragged in kicking and screaming) whilst she told me the story. I enjoyed a Tsipouro with a meze, that included Anchovies, Sardines, Taromosolata, Tirokafteri,
Spetzofai and chips ...

An example of a rambling ouzo conversation ...

What day is it love ?
Friday ...
Really - Are you sure ?
There was a plane yesterday so that must be Thursday, and the flying dolphin is just leaving in the afternoon- must be Friday ...

Lunch over, and three Tsipouro's later i headed home. An Italian friend tried to drag me in for a coffee, but i declined politely. You see I do enjoy my late afternoon - post Tsipouro induced nap.

Awoken by the returning household, I wandered downstairs, looking in the mirror - I could see it was Red nose day here in Skiathos too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment