Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Fatal attraction ...

She is Greek ...

There is a glint in her eye, a spring in her step, she follows my every move. I have done nothing to warrant the attention she gives me.

I caught her this morning watching me as i opened the shutters. When i came back from the bakers i noticed something different about her.

She was wearing pink slippers ...

This is the first time, i have seen her in anything other than black.

She was beating the rugs, against the wall, waved and blew me a kiss and laughed. I guess she is in her eighties, but fit as a fiddle. Come rain or shine she keeps an eye on me. I even found her one morning out on the ring road resting at 6am. She would not accept a lift back into town.

A day ago she gave me a bag of fresh eggs, for junior. I saw the hand as she hung them on the door grille and scampered away up the street.

I can hear her now, Uralea a lovely lady, who i blow a silent kiss too ...


No comments:

Post a Comment