Thursday, 3 March 2011

Cousin Trevor ...

Its been a sad few hours ...


I learned late last night that he had taken a turn for the worse, and the end was near. He had been fighting bravely for four years, and sadly now he is at rest.

It fell on my cousin Geoff to be the bearer of the news, and strolling along the Paralia this morning, the mobile rang. Half expecting it to be 'The boss' where are you ? conversation.
Instead i saw my cousins name, it was that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach - when you know what is coming.

This photo was taken around 40 years ago, when we were young, worry and stress free. Note the boys own wallpaper, and the laughter. I have spared you his brother and me, who are also in the photo, but we were laughing and that is how i will remember him.

RIP Trevor, we will miss you very much ...

No comments:

Post a Comment