- Take some Oranges and Lemons squeeze until the pips pop. (Pestle and Mortar)
- Chop them up, return them to their own liquid in a saucepan (Beaker vessel)
- Add heat and simmer on a low flame, for two hours (Bunsen Burner)
- Add warm Sugar (C12H22O11.)
- Check every 15 minutes, to see if a 'Chemical reaction' has taken place.
- Smear liquid on a cooled plate, to see if 'set' has occured (Litmus test)
- Leave the solution to cool for 20 minutes (Residual cooling)
- Put into jars that have been washed thoroughly, in warm soapy water, rinsed, dried, then warmed in a medium oven for 5 minutes. (Sterilising)
- Label when completely cold as 'Vromliminos Bitter Marmalade'
I knew it would come in handy one day - Thanks 'Nobby and Saint Delia' ...
Oh - and here's one i prepared earlier ...