Monday, 31 January 2011
Sunday, 30 January 2011
Friday, 28 January 2011
- Take some Oranges and Lemons squeeze until the pips pop. (Pestle and Mortar)
- Chop them up, return them to their own liquid in a saucepan (Beaker vessel)
- Add heat and simmer on a low flame, for two hours (Bunsen Burner)
- Add warm Sugar (C12H22O11.)
- Check every 15 minutes, to see if a 'Chemical reaction' has taken place.
- Smear liquid on a cooled plate, to see if 'set' has occured (Litmus test)
- Leave the solution to cool for 20 minutes (Residual cooling)
- Put into jars that have been washed thoroughly, in warm soapy water, rinsed, dried, then warmed in a medium oven for 5 minutes. (Sterilising)
- Label when completely cold as 'Vromliminos Bitter Marmalade'
Thursday, 27 January 2011
Fines for non compliance are €500 for the owner of the business, and €300 for the offending customer.
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Monday, 24 January 2011
Christina said ...
"SkiathIan, and your friends who helped so spontaneously with giving advice what to do....
The VET said the wing was in such a bad stage - also because three days - There was still, the option to sent her to Athens, but that would be not before 2mrw morning, and then by bus to Athens, it should be all too much, and the question was still, should she ever be able to fly again.
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Saturday, 22 January 2011
Friday, 21 January 2011
If any of the bird lovers can give any advice on treatment if possible - It will be very welcome.
|Christina Kofinas wrote:|
|Skiathos has -still- beautiful birds, but there are some idiots who like to shoot anything what flies, like this one, found today in our land, broken wing .......... what to do ?|
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Monday, 17 January 2011
Saturday, 15 January 2011
Friday, 14 January 2011
Lalaria beach, Skiathos by G.Beg
Skiathos Old Harbour, Greece by G.Beg
Koukunaries beach, Skiathos by G.Beg
Church of Nativity of Christ, Kastro, Skiathos by G.Beg
Skiathos - Elias (left) & Agistros (right) beach by G.Beg
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Monday, 10 January 2011
Thursday, 6 January 2011
The fishing tackle shop up at Acropolis is another victim of the fall out from the recession. it too is closing ...
It was pouring down when they went for a swim.