Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Then the phone rang ...

I had a busy morning ...

I had watched the sun rise, filled all the water bottles, had a trip to the hardware store on the ring road, and firewood collected all by 9am.


Just settled with a coffee and planning what to do next, when the mobile rattled into life. "We are going to do walk number six, its Kolios via platanias to Ag. Paraskevi just 4.3 miles and will take about three hours"

Give me a few minutes i said (The house was still sleeping) to see if i am free. Sleep was the winner and my pass was negotiated easily. I was on my way to Kolios within half an hour, kitted out on a sunny morning in my walking boots and clutching the trusty Canon, and a bottle of water ...

I have to admit, my plans had been for a meet up with friends, but on the Paralia and over a Tsipouro. However after about 30 minutes hard climbing, I was rewarded with this view ...


I think i did the right thing ...

We visited a tiny chapel near Katsarou, this was a modern one built in 2000. It had great views, however i had to sneak a look inside.

The key was hanging on the hook, When i opened the door ...





From the chapel it was a steady downhill trek, most of our effort having been in the ascent of the hill. Now using muscles that had been apparently sleeping for some time we descended the red road to the Olive groves.

Pausing to look back where we had been earlier ...


However some of the locals took a passing interest ...


Before nature took precedence, over the passing humans ...


and as Zebedee never said to Florence, we headed home for a well earned frappe and a biscuit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment