Monday, 27 December 2010

Free food ...

Over a glass of Merlot, last night i was feeling quite pleased with myself ...

Friends coming for lunch, I had been out to gather some lovely fresh rosemary, from a little place i know in town. Fragrant and with tiny blue flowers, it was soon in use tucked into pockets in the lamb, with slivers of garlic, and half a bottle of Merlot.


I glanced up at my Olives which have been curing for three weeks. They were collected from Kechria, when i was out walking a few weeks ago.


Its a great shame so many olive trees are not harvested, the fruit of the tree provides oil and delicious snacks. It requires patience and dedication to bring them to table, these are my first efforts - and are work in progress ...

Unlike these beauties ...




No comments:

Post a Comment