Friday, 24 December 2010

Delia ...

Is the patron saint of Christmas cooking ...

So the book was out this afternoon as preparations began for Christmas day.
Only for me to find out, I had the only turkey ever supplied - without giblets

Back across town to the supermarket butcher as it was late, and the Albanian butcher was very interested when i said i wanted some turkey necks for a stock pot.

One stock made, then on to the secret mincemeat jar, and created these - my first Mince pies made on the Island

My Secret Santa mincepies ...


There was enough mincemeat to make 10 pies, and i had 20 cut outs, two are not here, they were wrapped for my friends who were desperate for a taste, and very keen to locate the source of my supply.

Sage and onion stuffing made too, with fresh sage that i picked myself yesterday up in the hills.

Out for dinner tonight - Krio Pigadi, which is about as high as you can get on this island, there should be some great views from up there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment